To continue with the previous blog…I did check the vat and cut a piece from the silk noil I was given. I have to admit, in spite of the cold, I really wanted to dip something in the dye.
So, I folded the piece in triangles, soaked it in warm water (to help with wicking), then dipped it between 5 and 10 times in the vat. Then I started to feel the chill and decided to quit for the day.
I washed it in a mild detergent then hung it to dry, which it’s doing now. I may just leave it out overnight. I’m not satisfied with it, but it’s one of the things that challenge me in this process. The image shows that and some of what will be addressed in the next workshop, which is what the day was about.